Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Adventure...

I can't believe I've decided to venture into this...but...recently, I've really enjoyed reading several other people's blogs and have gleaned much wisdom, insight, entertainment, and creative ideas! I am very much intimidated by my lack of writing skills, but decided that this would be a neat way to journal and keep track of the fun things Rachel and I have been doing. That, in itself, is especially motivating since I'm so behind on my scrapbooking and not always do I include everyday activities in my books. Also, I'm not much of a 'journaler', but thought that this might allow me an outlet to express some of the adjustments I'm going through getting used to having two kiddos. :)

So, here we go...this week, Rachel and I have started craft projects. We have had a wonderful week together--she has so enjoyed the different things and looks forward to a new project everyday. I feel like this - the idea of doing crafts with Rachel- was completely from the Lord. I don't know what made me start, but we have had several rough weeks lately. Probably a combination of it being really too hot for the park, her having to learn to share mom and dad with a little sister, and just me being tired and less patient. But, we have had a terrific week--both of us have had much better attitudes and there is a lot less tension around here!

On a sweet note...tonight, when Rachel said the blessing for her dinner, she said, "Please keep our family safe." That might not seem like much, but it was probably the most complete sentence she has said yet while praying. I just thought it was touching. :) And, such a reminder that our training is so critical for our little ones--what an opportunity and responsibility we've been given to bring them up in the Lord!

Yesterday, she made her own pizza--what fun!















Today we tried out our new paints, glue, glitter, sequins and scissors!! Thanks to notimeforflashcards.com for the ideas!
























No comments: