Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Date

Today I took Rachel to see the movie Tangled with Ella and Laurie. While we were gone, Josh took Caroline on a date. Last night, when he was telling Caroline about the date and asking her where she wanted to go, the conversation went something like this:

Josh: Where do you want to go, Caroline?
Caroline: To the date! (in a 'duh' sort of tone)
Josh: No, where do you like to go? What places?
Caroline: Hobby Lobby
Josh: Ok, well, what's your second favorite place to go?
Caroline: Target
Josh: Where else?
Caroline: Kohl's
Josh: (to me) What are you doing to our children?!?

Others:
Katie: Caroline, do you have any hugs for me?
Caroline: Oh Yes! I bought some at Target. (What is it with Target? Should I take this as a sign that I'm there too much?)

In a couple of weeks, we'll find out the sex of the baby. Since the beginning, Rachel believes it's a boy, since "..there are not enough boys in our house. There's only Daddy." On the other hand, Caroline has not wavered in her opinion that it is a girl. When we were driving to Ft. Lauderdale over Christmas, we were talking about next Christmas and how wild it would be that there would be another baby in the car with us. Caroline asked all sorts of questions about the baby in the car and then said something like, "Can she sit next to me?" To which Rachel politely corrected her, "Or he" Typical of our little perfectionist. :)

2 comments:

ladymundie said...

Once, I asked Savannah to pick the most fun place she would like to go. She said, very excitedly, "How 'bout the gym?" Of all places...

Jenny said...

First of all, love the Target talk by Caroline! I'm actually a little envious. Secondly (and most importantly), why the heck did we not know you were expecting?! I know you will be happy with whatever, but I would love to know that a boy after two girls in possible! I'm on "team blue" too Rachel!